Below are the basic response tactics for an emergency involving a PV system. Each item will be covered in more detail throughout this module.
- Notify Evergy of the hazard and work with them in a unified command structure.
- Conduct a 360-degree size-up of the scene to identify all system components.
- Alert others to potential hazards.
- Utilize full PPE, including SCBA, when working near PV components.
- Maintain a safe distance from the structure and from all PV equipment.
- Isolate the PV system.
- Mitigate the incident.